STEP 2: Application
Before you begin:
We pledge to honor the letter and spirit of the U.S. Policy for the Achievement of Equal Housing Opportunity throughout the Nation. We encourage and support a program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of Race, Color, Creed, Age, Marital Status, Physical or Mental Disability, Religion, Sex, Handicap, Familial Status, or National Origin.
Additionally, should any state or local law offer more protection, we shall adhere to those laws as well.
Our leasing consultants will be happy to show you our available rental homes at absolutely no charge to you. You may also preview our properties 24 hours a day on-line at www.notyournormalbroker.com/rentals.
Application Processing and Time Frame:
• Processing an application normally takes between two (2) to three (3) business days. In some cases, the approval of common interest Associations, homeowners or unforeseen circumstances may require a longer processing period. Please be assured that we will contact you immediately upon determination of approval or denial. All adult occupants over the age of 18 must submit a fully completed, dated and signed rental application and application fee before the application will be processed.
• There is a $53.33 per person (over the age of 18) application fee that is “non-refundable” upon Not Your Normal Broker running the application. This application fee must accompany the completed application form provided to you by our company. **Please Note** By completing your application and paying the fee, you are agreeing and accepting this fee which is non-refundable.
• Upon receipt of your rental application and application fee(s), you can expect and hereby authorize that we will: (1) check your credit report, (2) check the public records for any past evictions, (3) verify your employment, (4) verify your previous landlord references, and (5) conduct a criminal background check. Co-signers may be considered on an individual basis.
• All of our responses, questions, approvals or denials are sent by e-mail to applicants. Please make sure the email address you enter is correct. Once you have submitted your application, please check your email regularly in case we need additional information to process your application. Our average processing time is within 3-5 business days after the date of the full application submission. This processing time also depends on the number of applications we receive. If your application is missing documents, it will not be reviewed until all necessary materials have been submitted. If there is a delay in getting information from your references, this will also slow down the process.
• Applications are processed on a first come, first served basis. If you do not get the property desired, we will hold on to your application for a period of 6 months, during which tie you will not need to pay again for any other house you would like to transfer your application.
Resident Criteria: Selection Criteria
• Applicants must have a combined gross income of at 2 1/2-three (3) times the monthly rent. Income must be verified in writing using recent pay stubs or other legal means. A minimum of 2 year’s residential history is required. Rental history must be rated satisfactory or better, with no record of evictions. We reserve the right to require a high-risk addendum and fee and/or a higher security deposit. Co-signers are accepted at the managers discretion only, must meet all requirements, and must reside in the State of California.
• Self-employed applicants may be required to produce two (2) years of signed tax returns, bank statements or IRS 1099 forms. Non-employed applicants must provide proof of income.
• Credit history and/or Civil Court Records must not contain slow pays, judgments, eviction filings, collections, or liens within the past three (3) years and no open bankruptcy. Should your application be denied due to credit, we will not provide you with the credit report or tell you of its contents. However, we will provide you with the name of the credit reporting agency, so you may receive a copy from that agency. We consider all information collected for the approval or denial of this application to be confidential and for the company’s exclusive use.
• Valid current photo ID documentation (driver’s license, military or State Identification, passport etc.) is required.
• Rental history reports from previous landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints (e.g., noise, disturbances, illegal activities), no NSF checks, and no damage to rental property or failure to leave the property clean and without damage when you left the property.
1. Credit History: The Landlord will obtain a copy of your credit report from a Credit Reporting Agency in order to verify your credit history. The Landlord’s decision to rent the property to you may be based on the information received from this report. Failure to provide requested information, providing inaccurate information or the information received may influence the Landlord’s decision to rent the property to you. If your rental application is denied due to the information contained in your credit report, you will be notified in writing and advised of how to obtain a copy of the report from the appropriate agency or source.
2. Prior Rental History: Landlord will verify your prior rental history using the information you have provided on the rental application. Failure to provide requested information, providing inaccurate information or the information received upon contacting prior landlords may influence the Landlord’s decision to approve or deny your rental application.
3. Criminal History: The Landlord will perform a criminal history investigation in order to verify the information you have provided on the rental application. Landlord’s decision to rent the property to you may be influenced by the information contained in this report.
4. Failure to Provide Accurate Information: Failing to provide accurate information in your rental application or should your information be unverifiable will be considered by the Landlord when making the decision to rent the property to you.
5. Approval Criteria: The following items may negatively affect your application approval:
• Incomplete rental history, evictions, insufficient income, drug convictions including intent to sell, credit score, domestic violence convictions, previous offenses against landlords and/or bankruptcy